Insure Online Limited is an online insurance broker operating in New Zealand. We are dedicated to protecting your data, ensuring you are clear about how we use it and putting you in control of its accuracy. We have a strict policy of only using data for the purpose it was collected. We do not and never will sell or rent your data to anyone or use it to target advertising to you.
- What personal information we collect;
- How we use and disclose that information;
- How we store that information; and
- Your entitlement to access your personal information.
Purpose of collection of personal information
We will collect personal information about you and your business. This will include, but is not limited to your name, e-mail address, physical and postal addresses, telephone number, information about your position and organisation and such other information that is reasonably required. We do this in order to:
- Decide if we can arrange insurance for you and to calculate how much it will cost;
- Collect insurance premiums and charges;
- Be able to contact you and identify who you are;
- Send any reminder notices to you regarding management of your quotes and insurance policies;
- Invite you to renew your insurance policy;
- Determine what insurance products we can provide to you;
- Improve our services and products, provide training to our staff and as a basis for market research and analysis; and to
- Provide information to you and let you know about our insurance products, changes to our products and new products.
Source and use of personal information
We collect personal information directly from you only. This is collected when you use our website to obtain a quote, to buy insurance, to manage your insurance and to renew your insurance. We also collect personal information when you contact us by email and by phone. All information provided by you, and collected and stored by us, is done solely for the purposes stated above.
Storage and security of personal information
We store your information at our premises, in electronic systems under our control and with contracted data storage providers. We take appropriate steps to protect the security of the information we hold about you, including protections against unauthorised access, virus or other electronic intrusions, fire, theft or loss. We require our contracted providers to do the same. Our staff are bound by strict requirements regarding protection of the privacy of the information we collect and hold about you.
We and our contracted data storage providers may use servers, systems and cloud computing providers outside of New Zealand. Our contracts with them require them to protect the privacy of your information when held on these servers and when using cloud computing. Our contractors are required to comply with New Zealand’s privacy laws and privacy principles.
Access to personal information
You are entitled to obtain confirmation whether or not we hold personal information and you can have access to that information. You may request this by contacting us by email or by phone.
You are also entitled to request correction of any personal information we hold. We will take all necessary steps to correct that personal information and we will inform you of the action taken as a result of your request.
If you have a complaint or want more information about how Insure Online manages your personal information, please contact Insure Online.