Duty of Disclosure and Authority to Act
You (this includes every person or entity to be insured under this insurance) are under a duty to disclose all material facts that could influence the Insurer’s decision to accept this insurance and, if so, on what terms.
You need to disclose both facts known to you and facts which you could have been reasonably expected to know about. If you are in any doubt as to whether a fact may be material, you should disclose it to ensure that any cover granted is not prejudiced. If you fail to comply with your duty of disclosure, the Insurer may be entitled to avoid the contract altogether, and so decline to pay any claim.
Except to the extent otherwise provided in any subsequently issued policy, the content and use of forms and any agreement entered into pursuant to forms or any dealing in relation to or arising from forms are governed by the laws of New Zealand and in relation to those matters, the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
You declare on behalf of all proposed insureds that:
- All answers and statements provided by you are correct and complete in every respect and there is no further information which may affect acceptance of your proposal.
- If accepted by the Insurer, your proposal and declaration, and any other material which you provide to the Insurer, shall be incorporated into and form the basis of a contract of insurance.
- You understand that the Insurer requires information (which will be retained by them) in order to decide whether to accept your proposal, and also that the Privacy Act 1993 entitles you to have access to and request the correction of this information.
- The Insurer is authorised to disclose information received from you to its advisors, reinsurers and to other insurers. You authorise the Insurer to obtain, from any party, information that is, in their view, relevant to your proposal.
- You understand that the insurance will not be in force until your proposal has been accepted and cover confirmed by the Insurer.
- You authorise Insure Online Limited to act as your insurance broker for insurance products available on this website.